Tammy de Soto Cicchetti had the chops to go to Julliard and become a professional classical musician. Instead, she did things her way and enrolled in law school.
She could have taken a slow start into her career as an attorney. Instead, she did things her way and won her first jury trial at just 24 years old.
Tammy could have continued to work as an attorney and shareholder for someone else’s firm. Instead, she did things her way and opened her own practice. All while balancing the demands of her growing family, and all before the age of 30.
Tammy has been doing things her way from the beginning, and today she is a role model for business management, legal expertise, female entrepreneurship and community involvement.
A proven trial and appellate attorney and sought-after consultant and witness, Tammy has grown The Cicchetti Law Firm into a premier Tallahassee law firm known for taking on difficult insurance matters including those involving coverage and extra contractual liability claims. The firm boasts more than 30 years of experience in successfully handling insurance litigation from the plaintiff and defense sides.
With a solid reputation in North Florida for handling complicated cases, Tammy has practiced in all state and appellate courts in the State of Florida and has been admitted to practice in the United States Federal District Court for the Northern and Middle District Courts of Florida and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta, Georgia. She handles matters at the trial and appellate levels and has been appointed to numerous state and national legal and business advisory positions including the Florida Judicial Nominating Committee and the President’s National Business Advisory Council.
Tammy established herself as a major player in the courtroom shortly after graduating from Florida State University’s law school, when at age 24 she won her first jury trial. Just three years later, she became the managing partner for the Tallahassee law firm of Callahan & Cicchetti, P.A., where she managed a firm of 25 employees and specialized in insurance defense work, serious personal injury, wrongful death claims, and medical and legal malpractice matters—for both those bringing lawsuits and those in need of defense in a lawsuit.
In 1997, at age 29, Tammy launched The Cicchetti Law Firm.
The Cicchetti Law Firm has since built a solid reputation for handling complicated insurance and injury cases with honesty, integrity and professionalism that set the firm and its team of attorneys apart – as evidenced by their long roster of satisfied clients and winning cases. From personal injury and wrongful death to bad faith, Tammy de Soto Cicchetti is the attorney that even the most seasoned attorneys turn to for guidance and counsel.
Tammy leads the firm with the same determination, poise and savvy that she honed during her adolescence as a classically trained musician, learning to play 14 different instruments and traveling the world to play with the London Symphony Orchestra and others. After a summer on tour in Europe with a congressional Good Will Symphony, representing the State of Florida, Tammy decided to withdraw her application to Julliard and leave music as a hobby to purse law as a career. In 1998, after just three years at the Florida State University, she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree. She went on to graduate from The Florida State University College of Law in 1991.
The granddaughter of a painter and concert pianist who worked for Cuba’s Fulgencio Batista, Tammy’s commitment to family runs deep. Outside the office and courtroom, Tammy is a busy wife and mother of two adult children attending University. She doesn’t have much free time, but she uses it to practice her shooting skills at the local firing range, paint, scuba dive, and cook elaborate meals using recipes handed down from her Cuban grandparents.
Some of Her Clients (Past and Present)
- Florida Association of State Troopers
- Allstate Indemnity Company
- Allstate Commercial Insurance Company
- GEICO Direct Insurance Company
- GEICO General Insurance Company
- GEICO Indemnity Insurance Company
- Florida Farm Bureau Insurance Company
- Travelers Insurance Company
- The Travelers Indemnity Company
- St. Paul Insurance Company
- Northland Insurance Company
- Bridgeworks Adjusting Company
- Crawford & Company
- Mercury Insurance Company
- MetLife Auto & Home
- North American Specialty Insurance Company
- North American Capacity Insurance Company
- First Trenton Insurance Company
- American National Property & Casualty Insurance Company
- Auto Club South Insurance Company
- First Floridian Auto & Home Insurance
- Commercial Carriers Insurance Company
- American Reliable Insurance Company
- Zurich, N.A.
- Main Street Insurance Company
- One Beacon Insurance Company
- North Pointe Insurance Company
- CAA Insurance Company
- Capital Insurance Agency
- Capital Casualty Insurance Company
- Knight-Ridder Inc.
- Energizer Battery Inc.
- Albertson’s of Florida, Inc.
- RGV Insurance
- State of Florida, Department of Financial Services, Division of Risk Management
- Economy Premier Assurance Company
- Horace Mann Insurance Company
- The Personal Insurance Company (Canada)
- Desjardins Insurance Company (Canada)
- Strictly Wholesale, Inc.
- AMC Theaters
- SW Fla Enterprises Bonita/Ft Myers Greyhound
- Wynn Transport
- Choice Investments, Inc.
- Florida Department of Transportation
- GPI Southeast, Inc.
- Old Dominion Insurance Company
- PACCAR Financial
- Burger King
- Tallahassee Communications Industries, Inc.
- Panama City Mall
- US Agencies
- Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards
- Anchor Realty
- Long Beach Resort Management, LLP
- KES Grocery, Inc.
- Wood Energy, Inc.
- Edgewater Beach Resort, LLC
- Teacher’s Insurance Company
- Atlantic Casualty Insurance Company
- PSL Town Center, Inc.
- Dunes of Panama Management Association
- FMP Tallahassee, Inc.
- Florida Casualty Insurance
- Missouri Farm Bureau
- Mississippi Farm Bureau
- Georgia Farm Bureau
- Georgia Casualty Farm Bureau
- Virginia Farm Bureau
Awards and Appointments
- National Businesswoman of the Year, State of Florida (2004, 2005 and 2006)
- Chairman, State of Florida, Business Advisory Council
- Chairman from Florida for House Majority Trust (2006)
- Co-chair, State of Florida, President’s National Business Advisory Council
- National Leadership Award, Presidential Business Advisory Council
- Selected to be a member of the President’s Committee on Tax reform (2006)
- 2006 Partnership in Excellence Award
- Florida Judicial Nominating Committee (Jeb Bush appointee, 2006)
- Vice-Chair, Florida Judicial Nominating Committee (2007)
- Chair, Florida Judicial Nominating Committee (2008)
- Vice-Chair, Judicial Nominating Committee of the American Judicature Society (AJS)
- Congressional Order of Merit, National Republican Congressional Committee (2006, 2007)
- Congressional Order of Merit, National Republican Congressional Committee Presidential Commission (2008)
- Member, Million Dollar Roundtable, National Republican Congressional Committee Business Advisory Counsel (2006).
- Master of the Bench, William H. Stafford Inn of American Inns of Court (since 2003)
- Second Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, Florida Bar
- Special Counsel, Florida Bar (2001)
- Named one of five Florida Super Lawyers in Personal Injury Defense in the Big Bend (2006, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Named a Super Lawyer in Business Litigation and Insurance Coverage in the Big Bend
- Received a Personal Invitation to the 55th American Presidential Inauguration
- Ronald Reagan Gold Medal Award for Outstanding Business Leadership (2005)
- General Counsel, Tallahassee Tiger Sharks Hockey Team
- General Counsel, Tallahassee Scorpions indoor Soccer Team
- General Counsel, Tallahassee Arena Football Team
- Nominated by her peers for 2020 Lawyers of Distinction
- Selected as a Candidate for Professional Organization of Women of Excellence
- Selected among America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators for Northern Florida for 2019
- Nominated for Professional Organization of Women in Excellence 2020
- Selected as an Elite Lawyer for 2020 and 2021
- Nominated as North America Business Award recipient for 2020 by New World Report
- Re-selected as one of America’s Top 100 high Stakes Litigators for Northern Florida 2020
- 2021 Nominee for New World Report’s 7th Annual Legal Elite Awards
- Winner of the 2021 Best of Tallahassee Awards in the category of Business Services
Professional Organizations and Community Involvement
Tammy Cicchetti is a current or past member of:
- Florida Bar
- Tallahassee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, William H. Stafford Inn, Alumni
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Tallahassee Women Lawyers’ Association
- Florida Academy of Women Lawyers
- Florida Defense Lawyers’ Association
- Tallahassee Chapter, American Inns of Court
- National Register’s Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals
- Keiser University, Board of Directors
- Zonta Club International
- Florida Defense Lawyers’ Association
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- Gold Key Honor Society
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters, Board of Directors;
- Executive Committee of the Tallahassee Sports Council;
- National Association for Women in Construction;
- Tallahassee Builders’ Association
- Defense Research International
- Member USCCA Law Network
- Florida Corporate Practice (2002, 2003)